This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect when you use wptaker.com and any other websites, or services that post a link to this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice describes how WPTaker collects, uses, and shares Service-related information about you.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- We collect contact information to be able to communicate with you. For example, if you sign up for a mailing list, or enter a promotion, you may be asked to provide your name, address, email, cell phone number. We retain this information for [X amount of time] and do not use this information for any marketing purposes.
- We collect personal data when you interact with our third party social networking features, such as “Like” or “Share” functions, to serve you with advertisements and engage with you on third party social networks. You can learn more about how these features work, the profile data that we obtain about you, and find out how to opt-out by reviewing the privacy notices of the relevant third party social networks.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors:
We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, and email support services that help us communicate with you, registrars, registries, and data escrow services that allow us to provide domain registration services, and your hosting provider if your site is not hosted by Automattic), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How to opt-out of data collection
You can opt-out by modifying your email subscriptions by clicking on the unsubscribe link or following the opt-out instructions included in the message. Alternatively, you can contact us using our contact form to ask us to delete your information.
How we protect your data
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as hosting our website with a secure WebHost that monitors the servers for potential vulnerabilities and attacks, keeping up-to-date with our plugins, themes, and WordPress, and thorough installation of an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate.